1. Get invites from ebay. I like this ebay seller who does personalised wedding invites - 25 rfor £7.50, what a bargain!
2. I would buy bridesmaid dresses in the Coast sale. Something like this for £69.
You can also get dresses from ebay from places like Thailand. Too many to choose from but easily found.
3. Get your wedding dress from a highstreet store like BHS or Debenhams (Coast have them too but quite pricey). I actually really love vintage wedding dresses now (although didn't in 2006!) and love this sort of thing which I found on ebay. £218.
4. Get a friend with a posh car to let you use their car instead of a wedding car, pop some ribbons on the front (ebay!) and save lots of money!
5. Use "silk" flowers. One of my friends did this, they look lovely and also you can get everything in advance so less stress on the day. £10.50 for this one
6. For favours look on ebay! I've just had a quick glance and I love this ebay shop which sells lovely wine glass charms, 99p each! If you had the energy you could get one for every single guest, I think that is a nice personalised touch and also saves doing name cards. Two in one!
I need to go to bed now, will think of some more wedding money saving ideas in my sleep....zzzzzzzzz.