2 x large bars of white choc (I bought smart price/saver was 35p)
ginger pieces in syrup
250g half fat creme fraiche
smart price/saver cookies (whole pack)
1. Crush the whole pack of cookies like so!
3. Put the mascarpone and creme fraiche in a bowl and whisk until it forms peaks.
Melt the white chocolate in a bain marie (do not do this in the microwave! I did and look what happened!)
|Chocolate does NOT like being micowaved!|
4. Wait until the chocolate cools slightly then whisk it in.
5. Slice up a piece of ginger and place it in the cheese/creme fraiche mixture, then add as much ginger syrup from the jar as there is. Whisk for a few seconds.
6. Slice up some more ginger. Place on the base.
7. Spoon over the mixture, and all done!
Now - if you want toffee sauce over the top!
100 g butter
100g brown sugar
about 100ml of double cream
2 large spoonfuls of golden syrup
1. In a pan melt the butter, sugar and syrup together on a low heat.
|A little trick I learned in school, heat the spoon before putting in the syrup.DO NOT lick the spoon afterwards, it really hurts!|
2. When bubbling, take off the heat, add the cream and stir.
That's it! Easy as pie. AND the ingredients cost me less than £3 altogether (had the ginger and syrup in my store cupboard already.)
Can't wait to try it tonight!