I used to get all my voucher codes over at hotukdeals, but these days I find things move to quickly that not every website can keep up. I now literally seek everywhere! Google is certainly my friend and even sites like Mumsnet can have helpful discounts when you're least expecting it.
For hubby's Christmas present I got an epic deal on a Jack Wolfskin coat. I found one in the sale at Blacks, then I found a 15% off code online, then I got 10% cashback using quidco, bonza! A £150 coat cost me less than £100.
|Jack Wolfskin BARGAIN! Got this for under £100 by using a 15% off discount code and 10% cashback with quidco!|
1) If you find something you like online it's definitely worth googling the exact product name to see if it's cheaper elsewhere. Even if it's not cheaper, sites like ASOS sell other brands e.g. Whistles and often have no delivery charge.So you get the same product without the risk!
2) Check out voucher code sites (click here for an example) before you even THINK about buying anything. My rule of thumb now is just to wait it out until a code becomes available, as they usually do. September and April are a good time for codes, e.g. at the start of the season Winter/Summer seasons.
3) If a shop has a sale on, wait until the very end if you possibly can! Most sites now offer staggered discounting which are usually two weeks apart. E.g. they start with 50% off then two weeks later it goes to 60% off etc. It's definitely worth holding out if you can.
4) Keep an eye on the facebook page of your favourite shops as there are often offers and deals on there that are not advertised on the main website. Sneaky but true!
5) If you're a blogger, sign up as an affiliate which means you can earn money back on linking to products, but more importantly you get notified usually a day before the sale starts. Which means you can be super prepared!
What are your top bargain hunting tips?